Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Book Club Treats

Books, tasty treats, and summer fun were delivered to the 14 members of my Book Club who reside at The Armed Forces Retirement Home, Washington, D.C. on Friday, July 10. My dear friend, Christine Baldwin, librarian at AFRH and book club member met me at the front gate with open arms and her wagon for transporting my gifts to these wonderful pals of mine. On March 1, due to COVID-19 the veterans that reside at The Armed Forces Home were quarantined. Since then, we have not been able to attend our weekly book club meetings; HOWEVER, through emails, phone calls, and letter writing, our "mighty literary group" has continued to read 7 books together. As we look forward to selecting our next round of interesting books to read together, my book club members will be keeping me informed of how they are getting along and staying safe!

Most grateful,
Glenna