Saturday, October 4, 2014

No Meeting Is By Chance

"No Meeting Is By Chance" happens to be a favorite sentiment and belief of mine.  Some of my most remarkable learning experiences have come from unexpected introductions that have remained very much a part of my life, and the lives of others as well.

There are those times when we have such passion and dedication for our families and professions; we can wonder if we are truly channeling these commitments in the right direction. Recently, I met a mother of three children while I was hosting a book signing and sharing my books.  This bright young woman-a mother, a wife, and an advocate for a cause, captured my heart. 

The cause that this mother of three is devoted to, is HOPE for HIE.  She and her husband have a child with HIE.   HOPE for HIE, is foundation that provides awareness, education, and support for children with "hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy."  

My books touched this young mother's heart, and she was grateful to have met me and to acquire the books for her three young sons.  As well, one of my books entitled, Memories With The Heart, struck a strong chord with her in regards to helping to provide a sense of comfort for families that will inevitably lose their child to hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy.  I am most grateful for this.  Grateful that she is sharing my beliefs and my commitments with her cause, HOPE for HIE. 

"No Meeting Is By Chance."  I look forward to hopefully meeting countless others that will teach and enrich my life and the lives of others as well.   


Most grateful, Glenna.