Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Celebrations To Guide Us On Our Way

Springtime seems to bring along many celebrations that guide us on our ways to new beginnings.  Saturday, April 30, 2016 was no exception!  I celebrated The Sacrament of Confirmation at Saint Rita Church, Alexandria, Virginia, with His Excellency Timothy Broglio, Archbishop for the Military Services, Celebrating Priests, Father Daniel Gee, Father Vincent Bork, Father John Melmer, The Confirmation Candidates, and their friends and families.


Since the start of the 2015-2016 school year, myself, Father Gee, and Vivian Moran, teacher of Saint Rita School have been dedicating our Monday evenings to preparing Eighth Grade Students for the Sacrament of Confirmation.  It's been a blessing for me to be a part of this year long commitment-I have spent time with wonderful people and my faith has taken hold of more knowledge and strength.


Beginning at 6:00am on Saturday, April 30th, my dear friends and colleagues of Reading Is Fundamental of Northern Virginia, were hosting their "first time" 5K Run/Walk, Book It For Books.  RIF of NOVA is an organization that makes a tangible impact in our Northern Virginia Area by providing needy children with books that will encourage an early and sustained love of reading.  It is a privilege to be a Board Member of this wonderful and truly dedicated organization. 


I was unable to attend Book It For Books, 5K Run/Walk; however, in my place at the RIF of NOVA fundraiser was my son Ryan and his best girl, Stephanie.  I loved that Ryan and Stephanie didn't even hesitate when I asked them both to join in on the fun and the celebration of the 5K Run/Walk at Burke Lake Park.  How lucky am I to have a son that believes in my passions and is willing to lend a helping hand.


As I am traveling to Newtown, Connecticut, celebrating book signings with my forthcoming book, Courage From The Heart, and attending/facilitating at 2016  TAPS National Seminar, Washington, DC, all during the month of May, I'll be reflecting on the Springtime celebrations of family and friends that have already begun to guide us on our way.
 
Most grateful, Glenna.