Wednesday, May 18, 2016

St. Rose of Lima Women's Club

St. Rose of Lima Women's Club, Newtown, Connecticut, orchestrates its meetings and gala events at Holy Innocents Hall on the grounds of St. Rose of Lima Roman Catholic ChurchHoly Innocents Hall is a beautiful structure, much like the members themselves of St. Rose of Lima Women's Club.

On Wednesday, May 11, at 7:30 PM, I was invited to be a guest speaker for St. Rose Women's Club.  This was my third visit to Newtown, and my first visit with St. Rose Women's Club.  Previous visits to the beloved community of Newton had brought me to St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church and School, and CH Booth Library to discuss my books and to donate them to their designated section of the library, Books Heal Hearts.  Every introduction and each and every meeting that I have encountered in Newtown, CT has been a gift.

St. Rose of Lima Women's Club is an extraordinary group of ladies.  They are doers, supporters, and seers.  They laugh, they cry, and they have a very keen sense of what is "right."  I was able to spend several hours with most of its members and an entire evening with several of the ladies from St. Rose Women's Club.  All of this was part of my recent four day journey in Newtown. 

I invite you to take a look at some of the photographs (Flickr Link) of the May 11th presentation that was held in Holy Innocents Hall.  I had the privilege of sharing my books and signing for friends and families, and having conversations with the members of St. Rose Women's Club about my non-profit 501(c)3 organization, Kind Kids Inc.

I am looking forward to returning to the beloved community of Newtown, and working with the members of St. Rose Women's Club and the community at large to continue to bring joy and hope for all.

Most grateful, Glenna.